Health and Fitness for all. We offer discounted prices for customers who meet certain criteria.
At South Ribble Leisure, we want health & fitness to be available to everyone. As an alternative to a membership, if you meet the following criteria you may qualify for a Leisure Card, which offers great discounts on casual bookings.
What is a South Ribble Leisure Card?
The South Ribble Leisure Card entitles you to 50% off a wide range of leisure activities including:
- Discounted swimming sessions during public swimming times at Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre, Leyland Leisure Centre and Penwortham Leisure Centre.
- Discounted sessions when using the gym facilities at Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre, Leyland Leisure Centre, Penwortham Leisure Centre and South Ribble Tennis and Fitness Centre.
- Discounted badminton, squash and tennis courts at our racquet venues including Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre, Leyland Leisure Centre and South Ribble Tennis and Fitness Centre.
- Free equipment hire for your chosen activity.
When can I use the South Ribble Leisure Card?
The South Ribble Leisure Card can be used between the hours of 7am and 5pm Monday - Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday (subject to opening hours) at any of the following four South Ribble Leisure Centres;
- Bamber Bridge Leisure Centre
- Leyland Leisure Centre
- Penwortham Leisure Centre
- South Ribble Tennis and Fitness Centre
How much does a South Ribble Leisure Card cost?
- £3 for a period of 12 months.
- The Leisure Card must be renewed every 12 months and proof of eligibility must be produced on renewal.
- A discounted fee will be charged for each activity prior to participation.
Gym inductions are available to Leisure Card holders for the reduced rate of £11 (for adults an induction is optional, however under 16s are required to complete a gym induction before using the facility).
Do I qualify for a South Ribble Leisure Card?
You will qualify if you live in the Borough of South Ribble or pay your Council Tax to South Ribble Council Borough Council and if you are:
|Leisure Card Category||Eligibility||Proof of Eligibility|
|Unemployed||In receipt of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Income Support (IS)||Letter outlining benefits (ESA/IS)|
|Registered Disabled||In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)||Letter from DLA|
|High School Student||Age 11 - 16 years||Birth Certificate|
|College Student||Age 16 - 19 years||Birth Certificate/College Document|
|University Student||Age 19 - 25 years||Birth Certificate/University Document|
|Carer||In receipt of Carers Allowance (CA)||Letter outlining CA element on Universal Credit Award|
|Aged 60yrs +||N/A||Birth Certificate/Driver's License/Passport|
|In receipt of Universal Credit||N/A||Online Universal Credit Statement|
|In receipt of Free School Meals||N/A||Official letter from school or Lancashire County Council|
|In receipt of Housing Benefit||N/A||Official letter with proof|
|Armed Forces (Serving / Veteran)||N/A||Official letter with proof|
Apply for a South Ribble Leisure Card now!
Simply visit any of the South Ribble Leisure Centres and bring your proof of identification and eligibility. A member of our Team will assist you and will set you up with a Leisure Card.
How do I book my session, using Leisure Card?
When you join you will receive an online log in, and a Leisure Card. You can book on our website, app, over the phone or in person at reception.
Thinking about joining as a member instead?
If the Leisure Card isn't suitable for you, we still offer a range of outstanding value memberships, starting from just £17.99. Click here for more information.
Terms and Conditions
- The South Ribble Leisure Card is non-transferable and may only be used by the named individual. A photograph will be taken on issue of the pass; this will be stored by South Ribble Council for the purposes of identification only.
- The South Ribble Leisure Card will be valid for one year from the date of issue and can be renewed annually no more than 30 days in advance of the expiry date (subject to proof of eligibility). It is the cardholder's responsibility to renew the South Ribble Leisure Card and a renewal fee will be applicable.
- All fees and charges for the South Ribble Leisure Card and associated activities will be determined by South Ribble Leisure Ltd. South Ribble Leisure Ltd reserve the right to review and change the charges and conditions of use.
- The South Ribble Leisure Card Scheme is only open to residents of South Ribble.
- We reserve the right to exclude or suspend a South Ribble Leisure Card in cases where the person has lodged a false application, or failed to comply, with the management rules of any South Ribble Leisure Centre.
- Lost or damaged cards should be reported immediately to reception at any Leisure Centre. A charge of £3 will made for a replacement card
- The card must be produced on each visit to obtain a discount. Without the card, normal charges will apply
- The administration of this scheme is computerised and therefore registered with the Data Protection Registrar in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998. This information is only kept and used by South Ribble Leisure and is not shared with any third party. From time to time we will send you information and offers.